Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.
The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story.
All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.
Three playable protagonists - Michael, Franklin and Trevor may live in different parts of town, have their own issues, attitudes, lifestyles, desires and goals - but they do know how to work together. They also each have their own unique skill-sets to bring to the table when it's time to get the job done.
- Michael - He's a veteran bank robber, and an expert with the kind of knowledge that only comes from years as a successful career criminal. Now retired and living comfortably in an unofficial sort of witness protection, Michael's not without his own problems though - he has a wife who can't stop spending money and two spoiled kids he doesn't understand at all. Michael made it out and got everything he wanted, and he's still miserable.
- Franklin - A former street gangster now looking for real opportunities and serious money, Franklin works as a repo man for an Armenian luxury car dealership that runs scams on ambitious young hotshots with new money, selling them expensive cars they can't afford. When they can't make their payments but want to keep their cars, it's Franklin's job to get them back.
- Trevor - Not interested in living by anyone else's rules, Trevor's a habitual drug user and extremely volatile individual that's prone to destructive outbursts and violent rampages. A former criminal colleague of Michael's from long ago - the less that's said about him the better.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Los Santos & Blaine County - Our largest open world yet - by far - and spanning vastly diverse cultural and geographical areas, the entire world of Grand Theft Auto V is open from the very beginning of the game to explore. Visitors to the greater metropolis of Los Santos and the countryside of Blaine County will encounter faded celebrities, meth heads, party people, violent gangs, hikers, bikers and every other manner of colorful denizen. You'll be able to traverse everywhere from the tops of the mountains, through the streets of Los Santos and to the depths of the ocean floor.
- 'Recreational' Activity - The open world of Grand Theft Auto V is not just massive in scale, but will offer more to get into than ever before. For recreation, play a bit of golf or tennis, zen out with some yoga or cycle through the countryside. . .For adrenaline heads, parachute over the city, or customize your Cheetah and take it to the streets to race suckers for money. . .or earn cash the old fashioned way, by taking it - whether by ripping off liquor stores or by buying and taking over businesses that will earn you dividends. . .Even minding your own business having a stroll you may meet one of Los Santos' weirdos, junkies, drunkies, or starlets and find yourself off on a wild misadventure you never expected. . .
- Heists Petty crimes, hustling and stealing cars can only get you so far in Los Santos. To score big, Michael, Franklin and Trevor will work together to pull off grand Heists - big, multi-part missions that require careful preparation, recruiting, and precise (and often explosive) execution. Cash is king in GTAV and while there will be plenty of ways to acquire and spend it - heists are the way to earn the big bucks.
Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V. Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.Game Variation:
Actual product received could be slightly different than what picture shows. To clarify the main photo may show the standard edition but you could actually receive the Greatest Hits, Platinum or a store specific version e.g. Walmart exclusive or Best Buy exclusive. Game Manuals
Certain publishers have opted not to include physical manuals. If you do not find a manual please visit the publishers website for a digital version.